Friday 7 March 2014

Burlesque night

October 2012

Some friends and I went off to a Burlesque night and I felt I needed to look the part, so a co-ordinated hat was definitely on the cards.  I borrowed my friend Tami's stunning under bust silk paisley print corset.  I made a small tear drop fascinator with little pin wheel pleats to fan out the top giving the hat some height.  I embroidered some co-ordinating paisley motifs on the hat to link in the two.

My very talented friend Jade Patterson did my hair for me and another friend happened to have a camera handy for when we were getting ready, though sadly no good photos of my final look.

It was a really fun evening and not like anywhere I'd been before.  I loved seeing other peoples outfits and saw some amazing headwear including a very impressive Cleopatra's headdress.  I really enjoyed seeing the acts the most, with fire eating, burlesque and some pole dancing (I did not participate in that skirt!).


No comments:

Post a Comment